Who doesn’t love cookies?
This recipe is not only moist and delicious, but super healthy, especially while breastfeeding. These scone-like cookies are perfect for breakfast on the go or a mid afternoon snack…
- 1 cup quick oats
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ c agave, honey, or maple syrup*
- 1 cup finely diced red apple
- handful of raisins (optional)
- Mix the dry ingredients (oats, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt) in a medium bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together the liquids: coconut oil, egg, and vanilla. Stir in the agave/honey/maple syrup. Combine the mixtures. Add finely diced apple pieces and raisins. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Drop the cookie dough into 15 small scoops onto the prepared sheet. Flatten slightly. Bake for 15-20 minutes (to the consistency of your choice).
*Alternatively, ½ cup brown sugar + 5 tablespoons almond milk may be substituted as well.
In the mood for a treat? For a quick and easy frosting, mix 1/2 cup powdered sugar with 2 tbsp almond milk. Stir until fully blended. Drizzle onto cookies once cooled.